Die Logik vom Glücklichsein

Mein Netto gegenüber hatte offensichtlich nicht mehr auf, dafür aber mein Spätkauf nebenan. Habe mir zwei Dosen Tomaten, eine Packung Pistazien und gefüllte Weinblätter in der Konserve geholt. Die gefüllten Weinblätter esse ich gerade und muss sagen, die sind durchaus essbar, für eine Konserve gar nicht schlecht. Zudem habe ich vorhin in meinem Rucksack noch eine Packung Spirellinudeln und Knoblauchköpfe gefunden.

Ich muss sagen, dass diese Idee mit dem vegetarisch ernähren gar nicht so einfach ist, oder ich einfach zu blöd, sie umzusetzen. Vor Kurzem habe ich aus Höflichkeit, teils auch Interesse, Pferdefleisch und Fuchsfleisch probiert. Und jetzt liegt in meinem Kühlschrank Lammfleisch und Entenfleisch. Zum Wegwerfen ist mir das aber auch zu schade. %:|

Success redefined

I just coped a bit with [[www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/158542689X/med1/ref=nosim The Law of Success]] by Napoleon Hill, 1928, and find it to be a good read. My advice, however, is: Never take anything for granted or true until you do. Having said this, here are a few quotes I found to be interesting:

Who said it could not be done? And what great victories has he to his credit which qualify him to judge others accurately?

Time is a master worker that heals the wounds of temporary defeat, and equalizes the inequalities and rights the wrongs of the world. There is nothing "impossible" with time!

No man has the chance to enjoy permanent success until he begins to look in a mirror for the real cause of all his mistakes.

If you must slander someone don't speak it – but write it – write it in the sand, near the water's edge!

Don't be afraid of a little opposition. Remember that the "kite" of success generally rises against the wind of adversity – not with it!

Every failure is a blessing in disguise, providing it teaches some needed lesson one could not have learned without it. Most so-called failures are only temporary defeats.

To believe in the heroic makes heroes.

If you do not believe in co-operation, look what happens to a wagon that looses a wheel.

Courage is the standing army of the soul which keeps it from conquest, pillage and slavery.

You cannot become a power in your community nor achieve enduring success in any worthy undertaking until you become big enough to blame yourself for your own mistakes and reverses.

Never, in the history of the world, has there been such abundant opportunity as there is now for the person who is willing to serve before trying to collect.

A man is half whipped the minute he begins to feel sorry for himself, or to spin an alibi with which he would explain away his defects.

Seek the counsel of men who will tell you the truth about yourself, even if it hurts you to hear it. Mere commendation will not bring the improvement you need.

When you lose your sense of humor, get a job running an elevator, because your life will be a series of Ups and Downs, anyway.

An aim in life is the only fortune worth finding; and it is not to be found in foreign lands, but in the heart itself.

If you cannot do great things yourself, remember that you may do small things in a great way.

A winner never quits, and a quitter never wins!

Your six most dangerous enemies: fear of poverty, fear of death, fear of ill-health, fear of the loss of love, fear of old age, fear of criticism.

One of the most destructive evils is slanderous talk. It breaks human hearts and ruins reputations with a ruthlessness unknown in connection with all other evils.

The best rose bush, after all, is not that which has the fewest thorns, but that which bears the finest roses.

No position in life can be secure, and no achievement can be permanent unless built upon truth and justice.

Do not "tell" the world what you can do – "Show" it!

The best compensation for doing things is the ability to do more.

Anyone can "start", but only the thoroughbred will "finish"!

Every line a man writes, and every act in which he indulges, and every word he utters serves as unescapable evidence of the nature of that which is deeply imbedded in his own heart, a confession that he cannot disavow.

Neglecting to broaden their view has kept some men doing one thing all their lives.

Amidst all the mysteries by which we are surrounded, nothing is more certain than that we are in the presence of an infinite and eternal energy from which all things proceed.

Remember that when you make an appointment with another person you assume the responsibility of punctuality, and that you have not the right to be a single minute late.

In every soul there has been deposited the seed of a great future, but that seed will never germinate, much less grow to maturity, except through the rendering of useful service.

Love, beauty, joy and worship are forever building, tearing down an rebuilding the foundation of each man's soul.

The highest compact we can make with our fellow is: Let there be truth between us two forevermore.

The only lasting favor which the parent may confer upon the child is that of helping the child to help itself.

You are a human magnet and you are constantly attracting to you people whose characters harmonize with your own.

All salesman will do well to remember that no one wants anything that someone else is trying to "get rid of".

Think well before you speak because your words may plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of some other person.

Fortunate is the person who has learned that the most certain way to "get" is to first "give" through some sort of useful service.

I am thankful for the adversities which have crossed my pathway, for they have taught me tolerance, sympathy, self-control, perseverance and some other virtues I might never have known.

Everything passes at par, temporarily; truth alone remains permanently.

When you do not know what to do or which way to turn, smile. This will relax your mind and let the sunshine of happiness into your soul.

The space you occupy and the authority you exercise may be measured with mathematical exactness by the service you render.

"What helped you over the great obstacles of life?" was asked of a highly successful man. "The other obstacles.", he replied.

Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blue-prints of your ultimate achievements.

Service, sacrifice and self-control are three words which must be well understood by the person who succeeds in doing something that is of help to the world.

No accurate thinker will judge another person by that which the other person's enemies say about him.

There is something wrong about the man whose wife and children do not greet him affectionately on his homecoming.

No man may become an accurate thinker until he learns how to separate mere gossip and information from facts.

Time is the mighty hand that rocks the eternal cradle of progress and nurses struggling humanity through that period when man needs protection against his own ignorance.

Life is not a goblet to be drained; it is a measure to be filled.

No one has given you an opportunity? Has it ever occurred to you to create opportunity yourself?

I call that man idle who might be better employed.

The man who slanders his fellowman unwittingly uncovers the real nature of his inner self.

It will make a big difference to you whether you are a person with a message or a person with a grievance.

The reason most people do not like to hear the story of your troubles is that they have a big flock of their own.

We all like commendation and many of us like flattery, but it is a debatable question as to whether the indulgence of these tendencies builds character and strength and individuality.

We cannot sow thistles and reap clover. Nature simply does not run things that way. She goes by cause and effect.

Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.

One of the most valuable things any man can learn is the art of using the knowledge and experience of others.

Half the wrecks that strew life's ocean,
If some star had been their guide,
Might in safety now be riding,
But they drifted with the Tide.

There is a suitable reward for any virtue and appropriate punishment for every sin a man commits. Both the reward and the punishment are effects over which no man has control, as they come upon him voluntarily.

The man who actually knows just what he wants in life has already gone a long way toward attaining it.

If you are successful, remember that somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a lift or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember, also, that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.

The educated man is the man who has learned how to get everything he needs without violating the rights of his fellow men. Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought.

There is always room for the man who can be relied upon to deliver the goods when he said he would.

I like to see a man proud of his country, and I like to see him so live that his country is proud of him.

I would rather begin at the bottom and climb to the top than start at the top and have to remain there.

Congratulate yourself when you reach the degree of wisdom which prompts you to see less of the weaknesses of others and more of your own, for you will then be walking in the company of the really great.

Remember that your real wealth can be measured, not by what you have, but, by what you are.

Some men are successful as long as someone else stands back of them and encourages them, and some men are successful in spite of Hell! Take your choice.

You cannot scare a man who is at peace with god, his fellow men and himself. There is no room for fear in such a man's heart. When fear finds a welcome there is something that needs awakening.

Among the other things you intend to "cut out" in your New Year's resolution, include the word "impossible"!

Well, let's get down to real.

We all know that life is vast with incredible possibilities and mind-boggling ideas. The route ist often more stony than it is not, but hell, we just have this one life – to be thankful for the things we got and to reach our hand out for future generations.

We are the ones who took over the future of others and and are bringing it to the next level.

Before you ask for anything in life you should ask yourself whether you already have paid your debts?

Y a/ngYixn

Bella :)_ _Tsunami_ *:)

Ich wünsche euch ein gutes neues jahr. Auf das 2011 lauter interessante erfahrungen bergen möge. Und jeder seinen eigenen weg weitergehen kann so wie er möchte @:)

Ich schätze, wir werden das schon hinkriegen, und wenn nicht, who gives a shit? ;-D

Some people will argue with that, but I believe:

We should feel more pain.

Most of all: we should feel.

And then a fact as of today:

We have become lazy, unjust and ignorant bastards.

You think I'm lying?

You ask for happiness? Look in the mirror.

if you can't love yourself how will you ever love someone else ?!

The logic is evident. :)z :)= @:)

This was my conclusion :)_ o:) |-o

Actually, love is a highly preferred good, but many people don't realize that you have to pay for it.

By the way every "good" thing has a "bad" side....you cannot take only one side of the coin without the other... :=o

Yep, that's what I told my mum lately: "Everything has it's good and bad sides."

And to my astonishment she said: "Yes, son, nothing is fully beautiful."

Dieser Faden ist geschlossen, Sie können deshalb nicht mehr antworten. Aber schauen Sie doch in die übrigen Diskussionen des Forums Psychologie oder besuchen Sie eines der anderen Unterforen:

·  ·

Nicht angemeldet: Anmelden | Registrieren | Zugangsdaten vergessen? | Hilfe

Startseite | Impressum | Nutzungsbedingungen | Netiquette | Datenschutz   © med1 Online Service GmbH